Sunday, May 31, 2009

STYX, fishing, and other things

Jodi and I went to the STYX-REO Speedwagon-.38 Special concert last night down at the new Rio Tinto Soccer stadium. A good concert indeed, but STYX rocked the joint so much better than the other two bands. Awesome show for sure. We saw the concert with our next door neighbors/friends Julie and Chris Christensen. STYX played as tight a set as I've heard in concert only comparable to Tom Petty.

Yesterday morning I went fishing with my older brother Sterling, and his son Clark, down on the Strawberry River below Soldier Creek dam. Beautiful scenery, but nada in the way of catching anything. I have never seen the river that dead before. Oh well, it was great just to be out and have some time to reflect on things.

I had to let one of my best people go at work this week, then I brought him back on for 30 days. It's really, really complicated and I feel no desire to hash out the details because I'll get a migrane just thinking of how things came about.

Jodi finished baby sitting the two little boys next door, Cam and Jax (Julie and Chris' two youngest). I think Jodi is ready for the break, but she had a great time with the boys. Cameron is my little buddy on Friday's, and he and I usually go to 7-11 and get a Slurpee and Kit-Kat bar for a treat. It's a lot of fun to hang around the little kids because to them life is uncomplicated, and the world around them is exciting and fun.

I need to post some pictures, don't I? Well, when I get some worth posting, I will. I would've liked to had some pictures from last nights concert. Middle aged women whose bodies are NOT what they use to be need some serious coverage on them. It was a freak show to some extent, yet greatly intertaining to see those who just can't give up their youth gracefully. Quadruple E breast sizes, one hundred pounds too much weight, and a pack of smokes in your bra cup with them big old jello jigglers sticking out is not fashionable to say the least. Cover those things up or reveive a fine for visually polluting the environment. Sheesh!

1 comment:

JMC Design said...

You loved the lady in purple!! ROFLMBO!!!!